Deep fry walleye or your favourite fish. You can fry plain or beer battered.
And then make the Escabeche Sauce.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar or 1⁄2cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 large chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup ginger, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, julienned (spring onions)
- 1 tablespoon sifted flour
- In a pan, sauté the garlic until light brown, then sauté onion.
- Add salt and pepper. Stir in ginger, scallions, carrot and red bell pepper.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, water and sugar. Salt and pepper to taste again if needed.
- When the mixture boils, add corn starch dissolve in water to thicken.
- Remove from heat the pour over fried fish.
Best to eat as a topper on freshly steamed rice.